How to Place an Order
How to Place an Order
We want your shopping experience to be safe and secure. Therefore, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your credit card information as it travels over the Internet. SSL is a standard technology used by many other E-Commerce websites. This means that using your credit card to place an order with the Bon-Ton.com website is as safe as giving our Customer Service Representative your credit card information via telephone. Some computers may not be able to "communicate" with our secure server. If you experience any difficulty, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-526-7534 (8am-10pm (Eastern Standard Time), Monday-Saturday; 8am-7pm ET, Sunday) to place your order.
In addition to encrypting your credit card information while it travels over the Internet, for your convenience, we store your credit card information on our systems in encrypted form.
If you prefer to submit your order by telephone, please call us toll free at 1-800-526-7534, 8am-10pm (Eastern Standard Time), Monday-Saturday; 8am-7pm ET, Sunday.
Ordering From Our Website
Shopping at Bon-Ton.com is easier than ever. Once you've decided on an item, follow these easy steps:
- If the item you have selected has additional options (such as quantity, size or color), the product page will allow you to select through the appropriate choices and the color and/or size box will outline when clicked on. If a color or size choice is required, the page will not let you checkout until those option boxes have been selected.
- Make all selections and click on "Add to Shopping Bag."
- Your Shopping Bag will then be displayed. From your Shopping Bag, you can continue shopping or choose to checkout.
- During Checkout, you'll provide your billing and shipping information. At the same time, you may choose to open an Account within "Shopping Profile" at Bon-Ton.com to make future visits quick and easy! This will store your information for your next shopping experience with us.
- You'll have a chance to review your order, apply any applicable coupon codes, and see any tax and shipping costs added to the total. If you're satisfied, you'll provide your credit card information to complete your secure transaction.
- You will then see an Order Confirmation screen that indicates we've received your order and gives you a confirmation number for your order.
An email confirmation will be sent to the email address you've indicated at the time of order confirmation and again at the time of shipment. Please note that your credit card will be charged upon shipment of the merchandise.
Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-526-7534 for any questions or concerns.
Changing The Quantity Or Size/Color Of An Item
While you are still shopping the site, or viewing your Shopping Bag or during Checkout procedures:
- You can Increase or Decrease the number of an item by changing the "QUANTITY" field on the line that refers to the product you need to change
- To change the Color or Size of an item while in Shopping Bag, click on the product description title line to return to the product's page. Choose the correct color, size and quantity and add this new item to your Shopping Bag. Now in Shopping Bag again, you will see both items. Simply click "Remove" for the one you don't want and the Shopping Bag will correct itself.
Making Changes After You Placed An Order
After an order has been submitted for processing, it is not possible to make changes to the order.
Removing Items From Your Online Order While Still Shopping Our Website
Go to the Shopping Bag screen even if you have not completed your order. There you can remove a single item by clicking "Remove" from a single item. You then can return to the site and shop normally.
Removing Items During Checkout
If you are in the checkout process but have not finalized the order yet, you are able to remove items from the Shopping Bag. On the Checkout screen, the upper right link says "edit shopping bag". Clicking on this link takes you back to the Shopping Bag where you can delete an item from your order by clicking "Remove". You can also try the back arrow on your browser or click on the store nameplate to return to a former screen or site.
Canceling Your Online Order After The Order Has Been Placed
No cancellations, whether in part or in full, can be made after an order has processed. Your order begins processing immediately after you place your order, and so you will return the item or full order to receive credit on your credit card. Please see our Return Policy for more or call Customer Service (1-800-526-7534) regarding this matter.
Canceling Your Online Order If The Order Has Been Shipped
You will have to return the specific unwanted merchandise or full order to get credit back. Please see our Return Policy for more information.
What If A Product I Choose Is Not Available?
We try our best to fill all orders. Sometimes we underestimate demand. We'll let you know via your Shipment Confirmation email if an item becomes unavailable and has been canceled. We also reserve the right to limit quantities sold to an individual based on merchandise availability. We notify your bank or creditor of the cancellation and the authorization amount held by that bank or credit card lender will release the funds to your account at the speed which the they allow themselves for such a transaction.
Coming Soon: Ordering Via Customer Service
Did you see something in one of our stores or catalogs and didn't have time to shop? Our Customer Service Representatives are available to take your order 8am-10pm (Eastern Standard Time), Monday-Saturday; 8am-7pm ET, Sunday. It's that simple! Call 1-800-526-7534 today.