We want your BonTon.com shopping experience to be safe and secure. Therefore, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your credit card information as it travels over the Internet. SSL is a standard technology used by many other E-Commerce websites. This means that using your credit card to place an order with BonTon.com is as safe as giving us your credit card information via telephone. Some computers may not be able to "communicate" with our secure server. If you experience any difficulty, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-945-4438 to place your order.
In addition to encrypting your credit card information while it travels over the Internet, for your convenience, we store your credit card information on our systems in encrypted form.
For extra protection, we will do the following for you. If you make a purchase online at BonTon.com and as a result, through no fault of your own, the credit card information is stolen and fraudulent charges are made to your account, you will not have to pay the first $50 of those fraudulent charges. Simply do the following:
- If you use your Bergner's, Bon-Ton, Boston Store, Carson Pirie Scott, Elder-Beerman, Herberger's, or Younkers credit card, just call the number listed on your billing statement or on the back of your card to speak to an HSBC Customer Service Representative.
- If you use any other credit card, you must first notify the issuer of your credit card in accordance with the issuer's rules about fraudulent charges. If your credit card company makes you pay any part of the first $50 of these fraudulent charges (under federal law your credit card company can only make you pay up to $50), BonTon.com will reimburse you for the amount your credit card company required you to pay, up to $50.
If you prefer to submit your order by telephone, please call us toll free at 1-800-945-4438, 6am-12am (CST) Monday -Sunday.
Ordering From BonTon.com
Shopping at BonTon.com is easier than ever. Once you've decided on an item, follow these easy steps:
- If the item you have selected has additional options (such as size or color), a drop down box will appear which will allow you to select the appropriate choice.
- Make all selections and click on "Add to Bag."
- Your Shopping Bag will be displayed. From your Shopping Bag, you can continue shopping or choose to checkout.
- During Checkout, you'll provide your billing and shipping information. At the same time, you may choose to open an account with BonTon.com to make future visits quick and easy! This will store your information for your next shopping experience with us.
- You'll have a chance to review your total order, including any discounts, tax and shipping costs. If you're satisfied, you'll provide your credit card information to complete your secure transaction.
- You will then see an Order Confirmation screen that indicates we've received your order and gives you a confirmation number for your order.
An email confirmation will be sent to the email address you've indicated at the time of order confirmation and again at the time of shipment. Please note that your credit card will be charged upon shipment of the merchandise.
Please contact our Customer Service at 1-800-945-4438 for any questions or concerns.
Changing The Quantity Or Size/Color Of An Item
While you are still shopping or during checkout on your Shopping Bag:
- Increase or decrease the quantity of an item by changing the "Quantity" field on the line that refers to the product you intend to change
- To change the color or size of an item, click on the product description
Making Changes After You Placed An Order
If you need to make any changes to your order after it is submitted, please call our Customer Service office at 1-800-945-4438. Please note that your order may begin processing immediately after your order is placed and it may not be possible to change items on existing orders.
Removing Items From Your Internet Order While You Are Still Shopping
If you are in the Shopping Bag screen and haven't completed your order, you can remove a single item by clicking "Remove."
Removing Items During Checkout
If you are in the checkout process but have not sent the order, you are able to remove items from the Shopping Bag. Remove an item by clicking "Remove."
Canceling Your Internet Order After The Order Has Been Placed
If you have sent your order, call the Customer Service office at 1-800-945-4438 to cancel your order. Please note that your order may begin processing immediately after you place your order, and it may not be possible to cancel the order.
Canceling Your Internet Order If The Order Has Been Shipped To You
You will have to return the merchandise. Please see our Return Policy.
What If A Product I Choose Is Not Available?
We try our best to fill all orders. Sometimes we underestimate demand and cannot get more of your item in stock. We'll let you know if an item is no longer available or will be delayed. We also reserve the right to limit quantities based on merchandise availability.
Ordering From Our Shopping Service
Did you see something in one of our stores or catalogs and didn't have time to shop? Our Shopping Service Customer Service Representatives are available to take your order from Monday – Saturday, 9am - 9pm (EST) and Sunday, 10am - 6pm (EST). It's that simple! Call 1-800-233-7626 today.